As I mentioned earlier in the week, news around Oil, Pipelines and Shale has been coming in thick and fast this week and it’s been purely co-incidental that that’s all I managed to write about on our blog here this week.
Hopefully next week I can mix it up a bit with a few other topics (it’s School Choice Week in the US for example), but to end the week on a high/low/mixed/steady note I thought I’d provide a bit of an example of just how messy the whole Oil subject can be.
So, in that vein, here’s 10 news headlines about (obviously a few different types of) oil from today, presented without any further comment – I’ll leave it to you to try and figure out what’s going on.
- Oil Poised for Longest Run of Weekly Gains Since 2009
- Oil prices drop after data show US new home sales cooled in December
- Oil Futures Tick Higher on Economic Signals
- Oil futures struggle at $96, set for weekly loss
- Oil Futures Open Highest in 3 Months on Data
- Oil Futures Trade Sideways in Asia After Recent Gains
- Oil adds to gains; U.S. gasoline supplies fall
- Oil rise above $96 despite growing stockpiles
- Oil Futures Mixed; Cautious Trading Ahead of US Inventory Data
- Oil Ends Sharply Lower Ahead Of Supply Data, Strong Dollar